Go USA! Beat the Brits! I won a Bronze Medal! I won a Silver! I won a Gold! Sochi, you ask? No, Roberts M06...8:00 A.M, 9:20, 10:45, 2:00, 5:30PM, 7:30PM....every minute of the day. These were the cries from MO6 during a recent international math competition with the UK. The girls were begging for math....a teacher's delight, and no doubt, a parent's also! We won our Fai-To with our individual school, but alas, the US lost the Fai-Tea to the Brits.
Some comments by the Fai-To competitors....
"I was really surprised when I won the last round. It was hard because you had to think fast and click the mouse even faster." Elise Round winner
"It made me do hard math problems in my head." Another round champion. Taylor
"I thought that it was cool that we could play other people from all around the world." Round champion Claire
"I liked the feeling of completing a challenge and knowing that you have done something to help your team win. Even if your team does not win, you have done something to help." Round winner Evie
"If you know your basic facts, it helps with more difficult problems." Katie
"I liked how you're against someone way across the Atlantic Ocean." Jewell
"I enjoyed it as a friendly competition...playing math games and competing with people that you don't know. I found games that I really liked." Ellie
"It was really fun when you finally got your first medal...maybe your first gold. It makes you happy. Oh my gosh! I got a gold medal." Bella
"You may not get it on the first try, but you just have to try hard, and eventually you get the lowest medal, and then maybe the highest one." Zoe
"There are all different games, and if you don't understand that game, you can go to another, and you can do it over and over again. It's fun." Lizzie
"I like to have a competition against other people because I love math. It is my favorite subject." Mimi
"It was really fun. Earning points was really satisfying...to contribute to the USA competition." Reed
"At first I didn't really like it, but the more I played it, the better I liked it." Cathryn
"It was very challenging, but once you got used to it, then it became a very fun game." Olivia
"It was really fun to earn medals, and when you got a silver or a gold, then your name would appear, and you would feel really proud seeing your name." Lane
"I liked trying to beat the Brits." Emma
Hard at work trying to win the competition. Not a sound could be heard, except......



No comments:
Post a Comment